Nike Women's Metcon 9
Cross-fit inspired, the Metcon remains a top choice for lifters and cross-fit athletes. This year the Metcon 9 has a larger Hyperlift plate in the heel for added stability when doing exercises such as split squats, dead lifts and other lower-body exercises. The plate helps force the weight down and out while adding rigidity in the heel. That firmness helps you feel grounded and supported, specifically under heavier loads. Additionally, Nike has extended the rubber wrap on the side for durability and support, so you can scale any kind of rope climb with the same repeated velocity without worrying about wear and tear.
- Tab locks down the laces with a hook-and-loop closure to help keep them out of the way.
- Forefoot grooves allow for some flexibility for some cardio.
- The wide, flat heel gets even more stable with an inner plate that distributes weight from edge to edge. This plate also flexes to more for more comfortable cardio and sprints.
- Grippy rubber wraps around your arch during rope climbs. Rubber tread gives you traction and helps you stay on your feet when transitioning from the gym to the pavement.
- Dual-density midsole-firm foam on the outside, soft foam on the inside – provides responsive cushioning for lasting comfort for continuous cardio and movement.
- Breathable textile has a haptic print, which creates a 3-D effect that adds durability and texture, helping make it easier to keep your shoes clean. Also, it sports flexible, durable support in the toe area, so that when your toes splay when lifting heavy weights, it won’t feel restrictive.