Saucony Men's Guide 17
The new Guide 17 has been redesigned from top to bottom. When we think stability, we don’t often think so much of cushioning and responsiveness. The new Guide gives us both.
The medial post in the Guide has now been replaced by what Saucony calls their Center Path Technology. This combines a wider base, higher sidewalls, and an asymmetric profile that cradles the foot inside of the shoe to guide you through your gait cycle. The slightly lower offset from heel to toe (down 2mm) is also aimed to create a smoother transition from heel to toe. In addition, a new layout of flex grooves in the forefoot gives a slightly softer feel to the shoe but also adds some inherent stability.
With the additional cushioning and a smoother running shoe that has all the stability Guide users are used to makes the new version a real winner.
- Midsole Drop - 6mm
- Heel Stack – 35mm
- Forefoot Stack – 29mm
- Weight – 9.4oz
- PWRRUN midsole is both durable and cushioned.
- PWRRUN+ sock liner for extra comfort and cushioning.
- CenterPath Technology gives a broader platform and higher sidewalls for more stability.
- Engineered mesh upper is both light and breathable.
- An outsole blend of strategically placed rubber and outsole grade EVA to keep the shoe light and yet durable.
The Trabuco has the nimbleness to tackle technical terrain but also enough cushioning and support to go long, making it a completely versatile trail shoe that also fits a wide range of feet, albeit best for those who need a little more volume in the forefoot. Being one of our best-selling trail models, we are happy to see only small tweaks in the upper with the V12.
- Midsole Drop - 8mm
- Heel Stack – 21mm
- Forefoot Stack – 13mm
- Weight – 9.4oz