La Sportiva Women's Akasha II
La Sportiva has its origins in mountain performance and the Akasha II is very capable in the toughest environments a trail runner might endure. Being the most cushioned option between the Bushiodo and Jackal the Akasha is intended for long runs or ultra-distance races on rough terrain. With that said, the cushioning is similar to other ‘mountain’ brands compared to ‘road’ brands. It runs slightly firmer giving you that solid feel as opposed to ultra-soft which can sometimes feel a little unstable on technical terrain. The Akasha will definitely outperform most shoes on technical terrain!
Like most La Sportiva shoes we find the fit runs small so we would recommend sizing up a half to a full size.
- Support - Neutral
- Midsole Drop – 6mm
- Heel Stack – 31mm
- Forefoot Stack – 25mm
- Weight – 9.2oz
- Highly breathable 3D AirMesh upper is very accommodating and snugs up nicely.
- Dynamic ProTechTion™ HF overlays on the forefoot provide lightweight, flexible protection.
- Dual-injection MEMlex EVA reduces shock as you run over rocky, tough terrain, while the cushion platform assures a springy feel underfoot mile after mile.
- FriXion® XT outsole and trail rocker not only provide traction but also promote a smooth and rolling heel-to-toe motion for an unimpeded stride. 4.5mm lugs provide great traction.
- STB stabilization technology on both sides of the midsole reduces torsion and increase stability for precise control on any terrain.