Brooks Men's Cascadia 17 GTX
The Brooks Cascadia has been loved by trail runners for years and having a Gore-tex® option is a welcome addition for our wet west coast weather.
We feel the Cascadia hits a trail running sweet spot in that the shoe is capable of going long yet feels nimble even on the roughest terrain. New this year is Brooks’ Trail Adapt System which uses an integrated midsole, rock plate, and zonal outsole pods to offer enhanced control and a stable ride over any terrain. Enhanced traction draws from the anatomy of mountain goat hooves; the forefoot outsole is split to better grip uneven surfaces while zonal pods enhance control.
We really liked the Cascadia 16 but the 17 just feels lighter (it isn’t) and provides a more nimble running experience without sacrificing cushioning and stability.
- Midsole Drop - 8mm
- Heel Stack – 20mm
- Forefoot Stack – 12mm
- Weight - 11.7oz
- PrintDyed upper saves 66% of the energy and 75% of the water required for the traditional dye process.
- An articulated Ballistic Rock Shield between two layers of DNA Loft v2 foam provides necessary protection without limiting flexibility needed for smooth transitions.
- TPU toe cap and mudguard provide protection and durability to the upper.
- Cascadia 17 made with recycled materials equivalent to 10 plastic water bottles.
- TrailTack Rubber technology provides wet-dry traction and is made of 25% recycled content.
- Gore-Tex® Invisible Fit membrane is bonded directly to the upper for a lighter, more flexible fit.