Asics Women's Gel-Nimbus 26
For years the Asics Nimbus has been a staple shoe for the runner looking for a premium cushioned mileage shoe. The Nimbus 25 was a staff favorite, taking premium to the next level with a totally revamped and superior fitting upper and more cushioning than ever before so we are happy to see only tweaks to the 26th version.
What we loved about the Nimbus 25 was that it didn’t feel like a regular running shoe. The Flight Foam Blast + Eco midsole felt so incredibly smooth and your joints gave you thanks whether out for a jog or logging marathon miles. Although the shoe wasn’t a ‘fast’ shoe, the smooth geometry didn’t feel slow either and had a quicker feel than previous models. As the stack height is reaching 40 plus millimeters the base of the shoe does get a bit wider to give some inherent stability which is also good as you fatigue over a long run. The upper of the shoe also fit like a glove for a pretty standard foot shape, something that is noticeable as soon as you put the shoe on. So, what is new with the V26 when the V25 was so great? Perhaps the biggest changes come from the outsole. Although the V25 wasn’t bad, it also wasn’t confidence inspiring on wet roads. The addition of ASICSGRIP™ should change that, especially in the wet! A new engineered kit designed upper will hopefully just make a great fitting shoe even better and slightly increased sidewalls will add some stability for those long runs. Small changes to a great shoe!
- Midsole Drop – 8mm
- Heel Stack – 41.5mm
- Forefoot Stack – 33.5
- Weight – 9.2oz
- Engineered knit upper wraps the foot with a soft feel while improving breathability.
- At least 75% of the shoe’s main upper material is made with recycled content to reduce waste and carbon emissions.
- The sockliner is produced with the solution dyeing process that reduces water usage by approximately 33% and carbon emissions by approximately 45% compared to the conventional dyeing technology.
- PureGEL™ technology helps provide lightweight cushioning and softer landings.
- FF BLAST™ ECO cushioning creates a softer landing and a more responsive toe-off.
- AHAR® outsole rubber in strategic areas helps improves durability.
- Hybrid ASICSGRIP™ outsole rubber helps give better traction improved softness and advanced durability.