Altra Women's Timp 5
The Timp 5 from Altra fills the gap between the Lone Peak and the Olympus. For those looking for a zero drop foot shaped shoe the Timp has more cushioning than the lighter and more minimal Lone Peak but less cushioning than the distance monster Olympus. Being built on Altra’s Standard Footshape™, it also fits slightly narrower than the Lone Peak and Olympus which is built on their Original Footshape™.
After a total redesign with the Timp 4, this year we see the addition of a Vibram® Megagrip outsole and an updated Ego™ Max compound in the midsole for more cushioning. Two great updates for this very versatile trail running shoe that now weighs even less than its predecessor.
- Midsole Drop - 0mm
- Heel Stack – 29mm
- Forefoot Stack – 29mm
- Weight – 8.6oz
- Standard Footshape™ comfort gives your feet a little more space to sit naturally and is designed to address biological differences in men’s and women’s feet.
- Balanced Cushioning™ platform positions your heel and forefoot at an equal distance from the ground, encouraging better alignment and better form.
- Altra EGO™ MAX midsole foam gives you all the light and luxurious performance with a little extra bounce and added durability
- Vibram® Megagrip outsole offers unparalleled grip in both wet and dry terrain.
- Knit upper creates an adaptable upper that provides premium comfort.
- TPU Overlay provides a lightweight structure creating a secure fit.
- Gaitor Trap System is a Velcro strap that secures trail running gaiters to the shoe.