Salomon Women's Sense Ride 5
The Salomon likes to pack their shoes full of features and the Sense Ride 5 does not disappoint. This is arguably Salomon’s most versatile trail shoe for all conditions and this year we see changes to both the midsole and outsole while maintaining the last and fit so as not to disappoint previous users of this shoe. Salomon has moved to their Energy Foam midsole which will feel a bit more cushioned than the previous version but perhaps also more responsive. The outsole has a redesigned lug pattern that should give a bit more grip in the wet and or loose terrain but isn’t so aggressive that the shoe loses its versatility. Overall we would say that the Salomon Sense Ride 5 is pretty much the perfect all around trail shoe that excels in almost any conditions.
- Midsole Drop – 8mm
- Heel Stack – 29.6mm
- Forefoot Stack – 21.3mm
- Weight – 8.7oz
- All Terrain Contagrip® is built for the widest variety of surfaces. It delivers durability and confidence on wet, dry, hard or loose surfaces. Lug depth is 3.5mm.
- Profeel Film gives your stride a smoother and more stable feel by acting as a filter between you and the terrain.
- Energy Foam midsole is a lightweight, responsive foam created by combining EVA and Olefin (OBC) to deliver long-lasting cushion and bouncy energy return.
- Engineered mesh upper varies the weave to offer more support and durability or flexibility and breathability, according to the specific needs of the shoe.
- SensiFit™ cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug, and virtually customized fit all around the foot.