Altra Men's Provision 6
For the runner looking for that more natural stance in a shoe (zero drop) but who might need a little extra cushioning and stability, the Provision 6 might be your shoe. Using Altra’s premium cushioning and relatively thick midsole, we feel the Provision can go a bit more distance than other Altra Shoes and when you do fatigue later into that run, the Guiderails™ will help keep excessive foot motion in check.
Built on Altra’s Standard Footshape, the Provison still has a wide toe box but not as wide as those shoes built on their Original Footshape. Overall we feel the Provision fits true to size and we like the snug heel foot and midfoot wrap.
- Midsole Drop - 0mm
- Heel Stack – 28mm
- Forefoot Stack – 28mm
- Weight – 10.1oz
- Altra’s Standard Footshape gives your feet more space to sit naturally in the shoe.
- Altra Ego™ foam is designed to provide added energy return and a responsive, yet soft, comfortable feel.
- Guiderail™ acts like a supportive highway guide rail that encourages natural foot placement by providing guidance when you need it and not when you don’t (think later stages of a long run).
- Balanced Cushioning™ platform positions your heel and forefoot at an equal distance from the ground, encouraging better alignment and better form.
- Innerflex™ grooves in the midsole are designed to provide flexibility and movement.